Customised Iceland Tours, Trekking and Road Journeys in Iceland
Iceland escorted by a New Zealand tour leader with a local guide, walking in Iceland, trekking in Iceland, road tour with day walks, volcanic lands, thermal activity, island cruises, puffins, fjords, ice-caps and highland splendour.
Our Escorted Iceland Travel enables you to enjoy the special experience tours only a knowledgeable tour leader can provide for you. Mingle & live with local people - an experience otherwise unavailable or delve into the intricacies of India & Iceland that only a specialist guide can bring. Your escort is supported by local guides for deeper meaning to your tour. Travel by small coach to special places. Accommodation in delightful family owned lodges and B & B’s mostly in special sites.
SORRY NOW NOT PROCEEDING WITH THIS TOUR
'THE BIG THREE' - Iceland, The Faroe Islands and Greenland
Escorted by Robin Ross 22 days. Easy touring and moderate walking.
A superb day walking tour in fascinating varied landscapes - ice, volcanoes, fjords, coastal, mountainous, icebergs, highlands, tiny fishing villages, abandoned herring factories and colourful townships.
13 Days Iceland
2 days The Westman Islands
4 days Faroe Islands
3 days Greenland
- A country of past cataclysmic events shaping a wild landscape yet surprisingly often so gentle.
- A land of immense beauty and awe-inspiring glaciers, icecaps and volcanoes.
- Pingvellir - the old Icelandic parliament & huge volcanic rift.
- Mt Hekla and Red Waterfall walk.
- Hekla foothills walk up to a crater.
- Icelandic horses running free.
- Landmannalauger - walk in an amazing gorge landscape.
- High misty moorlands.
- Jokarlson - amphibious cruise on the lake amidst icebergs.
- All the big volcanoes - Hekla, Katla, Eyafjallajokull, Grimsvotn.
- The huge icecaps Eyafjallajokull, Vatnojokull and others towering above.
- Lake Myvatin hot swim & volcano walk up to the huge crater.
- Myvatn Lava field walk.
- Djupavik - Nordsfordur hot swim with coastal farm walk.
- Calm blue fjords with artist blue palette colourings.
- So many birds, puffins, kittyhawkes and eider ducks.
- Westman Islands:
- Eldfell volcano climb.
- Boat cruise around Heimaey.
- Iceland’s Pompeii - town partially buried by 1975 lava flow.
- Faroe Islands:
- 18 islands in the heart of the Gulf Stream, North West of Scotland & half way between Iceland and Norway.
- Windswept and alluring scenery.
- Torshavn - one of the smallest capital cities in the world - coloured houses nestled on the shores.
Bird watching walks.
- Unrivalled rugged splendour - wild wilderness of sheltered fjords, majestic mountains, icebergs and seals.
- Experience settlement life in Kulusuk in South Eastern Greenland where the icecap covers 80% of the country.
- Beautiful Inuit bone carvings.
- Walks to enjoy the area.